Shaun A. Marshall
It’s more than just giving orders… it’s protecting your constituents, developing their capabilities, and creating the environment for camaraderie and collaboration.
We build things as individuals; we build better things collectively. This is the mindset that I have when working and playing anywhere.
Being able to listen and understand your constituents is just as important as communicating your message.
Diverse experiences brought together lead to new ideas and methods.
Large or Small, customize the solutions for the current and future operations of the business.
Learning isn’t a means to an end, it’s my way of life.
Big Picture view, without forgetting those important details that affect the Big Picture.
Find the solution… without causing another problem elsewhere.
Utilizing what is relevant, filtering out what isn’t, and the wisdom to discern the former from the latter; this is what’s needed to make the correct assessment.
Be prepared for the worst, be able to handle the worst, and be ready to return to normal operating conditions, all while keeping calm and collected.
- Web site design & development (WordPress on top of LAMP).
- Network design and implementation. Use of VLAN’s and VPN’s to segment and secure network access.
- IP-based security systems (camera’s and IoT), customized for each business.
- Authored SOP’s, best business practices, disaster recovery, and information security documents.
- Initiate new policies that streamline operations in presenting pertinent data to external contracting companies.
- Provided solutions to reduce operational costs.
- [NASA] Member of the Shuttle Upgrades Program reviewing the feasibility of the Liquid Fly-Back Booster project.
- [Department of the Navy] Project Manager for Phase 1 of the Navy & Marine Corp Intranet (NMCI) initiative.
- [University of Central Florida] Department of Nursing Technology Manager. Designed and constructed a computer lab, and configured various hardware to pilot computer based training programs. Configured the first “Virtual IV” simulator.
Be prepared for the worst, be able to handle the worst, and be ready to return to normal operating conditions.